In order to feel at home here and to understand what this Tea House is all about, please see my very first post at http://teatimereflections.blogspot.com/2009/09/heya-tea-mates.html

Monday, February 22, 2010

fundraising for the boston area rape crisis center



Fundraising Page Image

TEA TIME!!!

Tea for the post: Mighty Leaf Organic Hojicha Green Tea. What tea would you like me to serve you today?

This post's gonna be pretty short as I'm quite busy this week. Since I had already mentioned that I am currently volunteering in a rape crisis hotline, I thought I'd let you **Tea Mates** and **Tea Guests** know about an event organized by this rape crisis center which is a 5k walk. In registering to walk in this event, I've also created a fundraising page. I would highly appreciate it if you could sponsor me and donate for my fundraising page to help support the Center especially as I've heard that federal funding for such cirsis intervention centers have decreased.

To access my fundraising page and support me, please see the first right hand side widgets that's lime green and is titled as: Help Me Support BARCC!!! (the one that says firstgiving). Or you could directly go to my fundraising page by clicking here: http://www.firstgiving.com/reemab The fundraising page will be disabled (and its widget here will be removed) on July 11, 2010.

Would highly appreciate your support and let me assure you that, as a volunteer there, your money will not be excessively wasted on administrative costs like many charities. Below is a description about how your donations help and actually bring results:

  • $25 helps BARCC answer two hotline calls.
  • $75 pays for medical accompaniment to a hospital emergency room by a trained volunteer.
  • $200 supports the first three sessions of free counseling for survivors and their families.
  • $1,000 allows a new volunteer or intern to attend BARCC’s comprehensive training program
Here's the main website of BARCC itself: http://barcc.org/ and here's the link to the walk itself: http://www.firstgiving.com/barcc


From your Tea Mate,
Reema B. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment